App Press Review: A Useful Mobile App Development Tool
Using a mobile app development tool is a shortcut to building mobile apps. Before continuing, consider your mobile app needs. Get ahead of the curve by understanding your client’s needs with our Free Mobile App Questionnaire.
We discussed hybrid apps in our last blog. App Press is a similar web application that allows users to create simple, mobile apps using built-in tools. It has a browser-based, drag-and-drop interface, which allows you to create iOS and Android apps without having to write a single line of code.
In their own words:
“App Press is a web-based mobile authoring solution used to create, deploy and manage apps. It offers a service that makes code-free, cross-platform mobile app development as easy as maintaining a web site. With a range of plans for individuals to enterprises, App Press helps customers tell their mobile story.” (Source: http://www.app-press.com/#overview-sub)
App Press is a useful mobile app development tool, but there are some limitations with all hybrid apps. With hybrid apps, you can’t build a complex mobile app as easily as native. Below I’ve listed some advantages and disadvantages of App-Press as a mobile app development tool.
- Faster time to deploy the app to App Store (or Google Play), compared to native.
- Easy to develop, since you do not have to write a single line of code.
- Lower the total cost of product, as you can easily port an app to another platform.
- Easy maintainability, upgrades and future deployments.
- Lack of user experience (in terms of animation or some specific user interface, like spinners or a custom UI able to move around the screen).
- It may not have the ability to handle gestures (i.e. zoom, pinch, swipe, etc.).
- Database or web service connectivity (it seems there is no way to connect the app with a database or web service).
- Lack of performance (slow page loading, unresponsiveness/delay in click event).
Want to see an example of an App Press mobile app?
Here is a coffee photo app that was built using App Press:
With the wonderfully intuitive interface, combined with the widespread knowledge of designing with layers, this will be a very effective mobile app development tool for individuals with a design background looking to create apps. It is not made for the programming aspect of app creation. If you’re wanting a more complex app, get in touch with us today.
Mobile App Hands is a division of IT Hands. IT Hands offers custom web and mobile development services to web companies and ad agencies. We provide quality, affordable software development services to more than 350 clients.